Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Love is in the Air...

It's Spring.

I'm still at work trying very hard to motivate myself to do some marking. (My Year 10s just completed a test this afternoon on Romeo and Juliet).  Everybody else has left the English office as there's the Year 12 Valedictory Dinner on tonight so they all made a quick getaway. So I'm sitting in the office in my little corner, listening to... hang on a second, what IS that noise? It sounds like a quiet "whoop whoop" noise. 

So I'm looking out the window and I see nothing.  
Maybe it's Tony's shitipoo that I just met "Wiki". How adorable (and tiny) is this?
No, I don't think it's the dog.

I look outside again, and then I see it. 

It's Spring.

The pidgins in the courtyard are looking for a mate. Or more specifically the male pidgins are chasing the female pidgins around the courtyard with their little tail feathers fanned out while they make that soft "whoop whoop" noise.

Mystery solved.

I should get onto that Year 10 marking.

3 comments:

Joce said...

Pidgins?! I think you're mixing up the "language" with the bird (Pigeon) Still, I hate that noise! Hope you got lots of work done!! xo

Phili said...

How lovely to discover that your blog has been resurrected! Looking forward to reading more! Can't decided whether your adoration for Peach is adorable or worrying...

Glenda said...

Yes Joce, I stand corrected. Clearly I had Pidgins on the brain as I was teaching Pidgins and Creoles (as in languages) last week. Silly me.