Thursday, July 26, 2007

Melbourne


Had the pleasure of taking Juli into Melbourne city a couple of weeks ago, and thankfully Melbourne's weather decided to be kind (considering that it's the middle of winter!).

The day started with coffee on Southbank and enjoying the peacefulness until a seagull rocked up and stole the bacon from the plate of a poor man enjoying breakfast out a few tables down - the nerve of seagulls! We also took some touristy pics of Southbank, for all those of you who can't enjoy it's beauty.

We then decided we better go up the Rialto tower before the weather turned bad (it can happen at any moment!) where we saw some beautiful views of Melbourne.

The rest of the day was spent eating (Chinatown) and shopping (DFO Swanston St, worth visiting if you haven't yet done so, and you live in Australia!) - sorry no photos!

5 comments:

Louisa Claire said...

I have been meaning to bug you about updating your blog but it turns out that you have! I just had it filed under 'ministry' instead of 'friends' in google reader so kept missing the updates! keep them coming my friend, with you back at school & busy weekend I fear our catch ups are going to be less frequent :(

Glenda said...

Yes, probably so, but still quality I'm sure!

Gaynor said...

Lovely photo's. Isn't Melbourne just so beautiful. Thanks for the update darling. No doubt after your little trip on the Great Ocean Road, you'll have some beauties to share with us.
Love, Mum xx

Pat said...

I love the beautiful photos! It's always an adventure to see where you or your parents travel.
Gotta give you two thumbs up on the pink shoes- how cute!!!

Tamie said...

Hey Glenda

Are you going to AFES Women's Conference this year? I think I get to go this year but I'll be looking for a friend!